Acuity Super-Cooler Reverse-Flow Silicone Radiator Hoses Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+
Acuity Super-cooler Reverse-flow Silicone Radiator Hoses Honda Civic Type R Fk8 17+
ACUiTY's Super-Cooler, Reverse-Flow Silicone Radiator Hoses can help your FK8 to run cooler while using superior materials to help better deal with increased underhood temperatures. By reversing water flow through the radiator, these hoses actually help your FK8 to cool itself more efficiently.
While investigating the overheating issue that affects FK8's in hot conditions, ACUiTY engineers determined that the radiator can reject more heat if the water flow through it is reversed. This is due to how the intercooler rejects heat from charge air and how that heat flows through the lower part of the radiator. In very hot conditions on cars that also have upgrades like hood venting and an upgraded radiator, water temps were reduced by as much as an additional 4.5°F (2.5°C) after installing these hoses. On totally stock cars, temperature reduction is lower, close to 1°F (0.6°C) in hot conditions. In addition to this extra cooling power, the polyester-reinforced silicone construction helps the hoses to handle up to 100F hotter temperatures than the stock EPDM rubber hoses. As an added benefit, the kit includes German-style hose clamps that have formed threads and rolled edges to help protect your radiator hoses from the cutting damage that traditional hose clamps often cause on silicone hoses. Each set comes with 2 silicone radiator hoses and 4 German-style hose clamps.
Below is an illustration that shows an approximation of the temperature gradient on the radiator with the stock water-flow direction and radiator hoses. Note how the hotter part of the radiator (top) is where the cooler air coming through the top grille comes in, while the cooler, lower part of the radiator is where the hotter air exiting the intercooler passes through the radiator. Because the water exiting the radiator is nearly the same temperature as the air entering the bottom of the radiator, this setup can render the lower half of the radiator ineffective in hot climates.
In contrast, below is an illustration that shows an approximation of the temperature gradient on the radiator with ACUiTY's Super-Cooler hoses. By flipping the flow through the radiator, the hotter water is at the bottom, being cooled by the hot air exiting the intercooler, and the colder water exits out the top, where cool air is passing through the radiator after entering through the upper grille. This reversed flow more ideally aligns the radiator thermal gradient with the thermal gradient of the air passing through the radiator which helps the radiator to dissipate heat more effectively.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to sales@PureCarModify.com.com. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.